Sunday, April 19, 2009

Aspirin Mask



I guess my acne is not very severe but there is at least one blemish 60% of the time and I really hate it. I have tried humpty number of acne control stuff ranging from Aspirin mask to Clinique. My skin reacts very well initially to the acne control product but after a while it stops working. Now I am trying this Aspirin mask twice every week and its been working pretty good**knock wood**..I really hope this doesn’t stop working eventually.


What I use to make the mask


3 Aspirin tablets (preferably uncoated)

½ tbsp Honey

Water to dissolve Aspirin


First I take the Aspirin and add just enough water for the aspirin to dissolve. Then I add ½ tbsp Honey and mix it well. I apply this mix all over my face and leave it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I rinse with warm water while exfoliating at the same time.


Aspirin mask makes by skin super soft and clean. Aspirin has salicylic acid which is one of the main ingredient in many acne control products. This can be little drying so I make sure to put a lot of moisturizer after this. The honey in the mask also helps in moisturizing. Also, another important thing is to use this mask only in the nights. I read somewhere that the skin becomes very vulnerable to sun damage after using any product which contains salicylic acid. So there you go a simple, cost effective mask for those with problematic skin like mine.



No comments: